These days we hear a lot about CBD for beginners and its health benefits for various illnesses. It is because Cannabidiol or CBD has healing effects on several illnesses without causing any side effects. CBD seems to be a prominent component of several products storming the market, like chewable gummies, skin care lotions, or drinks.
The product has delivered great promise in treating neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s disease, for which other forms of treatment are not very effective.
CBD for beginners
Despite multiple benefits, there are still many misconceptions about CBD, like whether it is illegal or if it gives you a high when consumed. Most people are still unaware of what CBD is, whether it is safe, or how it works. This is a primary reason which refrains them from using CBD for their well-being. This guide aims to remove such confusion in people’s minds by clearing common doubts about CBD.
It is remarkable to note that CBD doesn’t cause any side effects on the human body or high. Hence, for all the good reasons, significant research is being carried out in several countries to verify its therapeutic effects on various health conditions.
There are also various studies conducted which show how CBD destroys and weakens cancerous cells in patients suffering from Glioblastoma, a common brain tumor. This did not affect healthy brain cells.
Hence, many brands are continually innovating in this industry to help cure untreatable diseases. A CBD product, named Epidiolex has received the approval of the Food and Drugs Administration to treat seizure disorders.
What is CBD and How it Works?
CBD is acquired from the Cannabis sativa plant, also known as marijuana. It is widely known to relax your mind, along with alleviating any physical or emotional pain. But unlike the other active component derived from the same plant, tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, it does not give you a ‘high’ or euphoria-like feeling and does not sedate or alter a person’s state.
So, let’s understand how it technically works on our health, and for this, let us first understand the Endocannabinoid System (ECS).
The ECS is a complex and intricate system that plays the vital and indispensable role of keeping our body functioning at its optimum, maintaining homeostasis. This system maintains our motor and cognitive functions, as well as neurological and cardiovascular activities. The system is also responsible for our sensations of hunger, pain, stress, or energy, to name a few.
When one consumes CBD, it alters the signals of the ECS sent to the body leading to various therapeutic effects. Hence, all the health conditions associated with such body functioning or activities can be altered.
Components of the ECS system
It is crucial to understand the components of the ECS system as it is what allows us to function efficiently. Thus the working of CBD greatly depends on it.
The ECS system is made up of endocannabinoids, cell receptors, and enzymes.
● Endocannabinoids: They are produced naturally in our body when needed, and the most significant ones are anandamide and 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-AG). Diseases like fibromyalgia or depression occur when these endocannabinoids are deficient.
● Cell receptors: CB1 and CB2 are the two main receptors in the ECS system. CB1 receptors are situated in the Central Nervous System and influence motor and cognitive functions. They are in charge of neurotransmitters like:
- Serotonin: Essential for sleep and mood,
- Glutamate: Influences Memory and learning,
- Dopamine: Related to motivation and pleasure,
CB2 safeguards our nerve cells and prevents their inflammation. They prevent degeneration and damage of the nerve cells.
How CBD helps the ECS to prevent imbalances
An imbalance can cause health conditions like depression, inflammation, or chronic pain. Here is how CBD influences ECS without causing any side effect on the body:
- CBD is a plant-derived phytocannabinoid, and its molecular shape stimulates CB1 and CB2 and preserves the body’s endocannabinoids as well.
- CBD prevents the breakdown of anandamide and 2-AG by enzymes. ● By preserving endocannabinoids, CBD allows them to restore balance and homeostasis. When balance is restored to the ECS, body functions and systems return to their healthy state, preventing the onset of diseases.
The various health benefits of CBD
CBD is believed to be highly beneficial in the following disorders:
- It helps reduce anxiety: CBD impacts the brain’s receptors that stimulate serotonin, which is related to mood and social behavior. It lessens anxiety without causing any unwanted side-effects like drowsiness, insomnia, or agitation, which are experienced when using prescribed drugs
- It relieves chronic pain: It is found to reduce pain in chronic conditions like arthritis and multiple sclerosis by decreasing inflammation and impacting the receptors in the ECS system that regulate neurotransmitters
- For cancer treatment: CBD may relieve symptoms linked with cancer and the side-effects of its treatment, such as pain, nausea, or vomiting due to it.
Influence on the ECS system
- Neurological conditions: Its ability to act on the ECS system help treat neurological disorders like epilepsy or multiple sclerosis. It is known to reduce spasms in people suffering from multiple sclerosis and reduce seizures in epileptic people. It improves the quality of life and sleeps patterns for people with neurological disorders. By decreasing inflammation, it may help prevent
Neurodegeneration in people afflicted with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s as well
- Autoimmune diseases: Its immunosuppressive properties could help in the treatment of autoimmune conditions like Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, or Multiple Sclerosis
- It may prevent acne: A study revealed that CBD might help prevent excessive sebum production that causes acne when applied topically. Besides being anti-inflammatory, it may help treat or prevent acne breakouts on the skin
Research is ongoing to understand the Endocannabinoid System better and learn how CBD and other phytocannabinoids influence it and provide therapeutic benefits. But, studies conducted so far prove that CBD is a safe and effective treatment option for specific conditions.
At Nass Valley, we ensure that all our CBD products are of the highest quality and try to meet our stringent quality standards by conducting tests using a third-party laboratory. We employ USDA-certified organic distillation and ultra-filtration processes to ensure the maximum level of purity for our products.
We are sincerely concerned about our environment and follow hemp farming practices that reduce carbon dioxide pollution. Our products reach your hands only after receiving detailed information about their efficacy.
Recommended Read: CBD Oil: A Beginner’s Guide to Using CBD- Nass Valley